Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Goals....BIG GOALS!

Three years ago I accomplished a tremendous goal, to complete an Ironman distance triathlon. I made a big mistake after the race...I didn't have any physical goals after that. I had originally planned to take six months off to let my body rest after training for over two years. six months turned into a year, a year into three... Well, I've decided to set a goal as daunting as completing an Ironman was to me then. I want to qualify for the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii. This will require me to complete another Ironman much faster than my previous race just to qualify. I will need to shave 4 hours (I know, it's a lot) off of my time. I believe that I can do it. I broke each event down to the paces required to finish in 9:30 (that hours and minutes) and it will require training and probably hiring a coach to help me with the swimming, but it's do-able.

You, too, are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for. You've got to dream big and set small goals along the way. Whether it's paying off debt, having a great marriage, getting that degree, or doing something you've always wanted to do but just thought was impossible, TODAY IS THE DAY! Tell other people about what it is you want to have/be/do! Be strong and courageous, dream BIG, LIVE BIG, BELIEVE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that would be awesome to be able to do. I wish I had that kind of motivation. I have enough trouble just working out three times a week. Keep me updated on how everything is going with this. It is exciting! I wish you the best in your training!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're crazy. I remeber the time you tried to run a marathon or triathalon or whatever without training and ended up in the Hospital. That was hilarious. Haha. Anyways, miss you bro, what are your plans over the Holidays, are you gonna be in PC at all. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

See You in PCity brother. I"m gonna smoke you in the water. :-)

Deyl said...

yeah dude!! so stoked for you and what a great post!

what year will you be there!?

Unknown said...

Hello brother. I cant believe that you're doing this again. I wish you luck and cant wait to see you. Mom and I have just got your letter. Wow, you got braces and never told me? what kind of good brother are you. just kidding. Well i love you. I'm saving some so i have things to talk about when ou get here. Mom and i both miss you.
-Jennfier