Friday, October 12, 2007

Westmont Reunion - Santa Barbara

I know this is a little out of order...oh well. Last Friday morning we drove down to Santa Barbara from Kingsburg for the Westmont Homecoming. We got in around 11:30 and found Jeff and Laura Pierce and Erik and Paige Vanslooten taking pictures on campus. I love those kids!



Friday night was the Presidental Gala, which was a really nice dinner. We sat with Deyl and Paige Kearin and David Jay. They are such amazing people. They inspire me to challenge myself, believe in myself, and take some risks. Their stories are amazing, you should check them out.


Santa Barbara is just a beautiful place. Deyl and Paige were so gracious to let us stay at their place while we were in town. This is a picture of the sun rise from their front yard.
Saturday we ate breakfast at Cava Cafe, the most delicious $12 french toast you'll ever have. It was a good time to catch up with Jeff & Laura, Erik & Paige, Deyl & Paige, Matt Rumford, and Donnie Waisanen.
After breakfast we went to Westmont and met up with Andy and Amberly Wolf and their newborn baby Abbie. I love those kids too! After a great afternoon of hanging out, we got ready for the Class of 2002 reunion supper, which was fun, but not near as much fun as the afterparty at David Jay's new house. The festivities went on into the wii, I mean wee, hours of the morning. I had such a great time getting to meet so many of the people who shared in such a special time in Erin's life.




4 comments:

Deyl said...

we had a blast with you guys!

|| davidjay || said...

You both are amazing! I've been thinking about the rock climbing / workshop constantly. Next year let's do it!

Jason Albright said...

I've been thinking about the two of you (dj & deyl) quite a bit since we got back from cali. I just had such a great time hanging out with you guys. you remember paige's post about who's on you left and who's on your right? I really appreciate your attitudes about life and your abundance perspectives, it's just encouraging. Keep it up, it's a blessing, and I hope our paths cross again sometime soon.

|| davidjay || said...

Dude! Yea! We'll hang next year for sure!

Isn't the live video trippy!

Love you guys!
DJ